Six Questions You May Want To Ask For a More Rewarding Real Estate Career That Should Help You.
1. How flexible are your hours? Realtors consistently rank flexibility as a reason they got into real estate; however, as they get busier, working late nights and weekends can interrupt family time because they are available whenever a client calls. What boundaries have you set for yourself? How will that affect your business? Income? Is time management an issue?
2. Do you offer value every day to your clients? Buying or selling a home is one of the single largest financial decisions your clients may ever make; it is easy to lose sight of this with the day-to-day activities, interruptions, disruptors and servicing new and past clients. What systems do you have in place to offer value consistently?
3. How many people know about you and your skill set? You could be the best hidden secret in the marketplace. Don’t hide. What talents do you have that nobody knows about?
4. Happy with your earnings? This is similar to question 2. Did you know your earnings are consistent with the number of skills and value you provide to your clients? Where, how, and what skills do you need to increase your income?
5. Are you running your business, or is the business running you? Your current real estate brokerage significantly impacts a Realtor’s success rate, career growth and exit. Is your brokerage providing one-on-one help growing your business, a financial exit plan, mentoring or a leverage program?
6. Do you have one or two niche markets where you’re better suited? Or are you a general practitioner? Do you chase whatever comes your way? Work with anybody? What niche markets can you go after? Do you know how?