You hear the words seller’s market, and what images pop into your mind?
- You, sitting at a desk strumming your fingers, waiting for the phone to ring?
- Sweat forming on your forehead, thinking about unpaid bills?
- A neighbourhood filled with for-sale signs and no buyer’s insight?
- You have buyers but are being outbid when making offers?
Now, replace those images with these:
- Talking to eager qualified buyers and sellers.
- Making another deposit in a growing bank account.
In any market, you have the power to choose how to react. You can certainly choose to see the uglier side. And it’s easy to do. What’s more, it’s easy to find someone to have a woe is me cry session. Sit down with a group of Realtors, and you won’t have to wait long before you are up to your armpits in all the whining.
But conversely, you can see the other side. Instead of fearing any real estate market, you can view it as an opportunity to let your professionalism not only pull you through but also make you shine as well.
You see, history proves that the best Realtors always continue to succeed!
You know that in a strong market, anyone can sell real estate. When homes are selling fast, competitors may very well beat you out of listings and gain the allegiance of buyers based on their personalities. You know what I’m talking about; you’ve seen them come out of the woodwork when the market gets hot.
But when the times get tough, many of these less professional competitors fall by the wayside as the easy transactions dry up. And even more importantly, consumers start paying attention to the credentials, experience, and quality of service when choosing their Realtor in a tighter market.
A pro can handle any market because they know they can. After all, this is how they make their living. They are not a “fly-by-nighter” or a one-shot wonder. They’re in for the long haul. And by hanging in, becoming a more vital Realtor. It hurts, it’s tough, and that’s why winners win; they do what they don’t want to do when they don’t want to do it!
It comes down to confidence. A belief in their skills as a professional, understanding their identity, that the law of abundance(give to receive) is valid.
A few tips for capitalizing on in any market:
- Emphasize your credentials, experience, and quality service. (You’re way ahead of those who poach on the market when things are going well). And change your marketing materials to highlight current market conditions and your ability to meet those conditions.
- Highlight your dedication. Let prospects know you’re a full-timer and that selling a home is your passion.
- Price properties to the market. Explain market conditions and why setting the right price is vital in generating interest and offers.
- Get your buyers in touch with assertive mortgage brokers.
- Be more selective with your time. Avoid running around without a purpose. Busy being busy is a disease.
There are hundreds of ways to do better, give me a call at 519-435-1600, I used to struggle a long, long time ago then I got my mindset right!