We’ve all heard the saying for every cloud; there is a silver lining; well, in real estate, this slowdown should motivate a lot of Realtors to change.
Over the last 5-6 years, especially those who got their license in those six years, you rocked! There was easy credit, cheap money, an overabundance of buyers who would do almost anything to buy a home and any Realtor who had a listing had 5,10,20,30 buyers wanting to buy and those that did buy paid way over the asking price. Your sellers thought you were a king or Queen, a rock star.
Unless you are Rip Van Winkel or still a rock star, the wind has changed; instead of at your back, it’s storming at you face-on!
“Everyone has a plan until they get hit in the mouth!”Mike Tyson
For the veterans in real estate who do well, we all have seen this market and others; we developed emotional intelligence, we know how to say no, we are not afraid to work, and we are willing to learn and not rest on past success or failures(we’ve had a few!).
Real estate fundamentals have become more critical now than before, and here are five musts for all Realtors:
- Be in the game daily, contacting your client base and prospecting 3-4 hours a day, 5-6 days a week.
- Spend 45-60 minutes a day learning content creation, videos etc
- Know the market inside and out and know how to calculate value correctly
- Provide value to all whom you come into contact with
- Invest in yourself with coaching, mentoring, clean nutrition and physical training daily
If these five sound or feel over the top, know that if I ask the 20% of the top Realtors in any city or country, they do most of those, and if I ask the top 5%, they do all and then more!
Oh, and by the way, those top 20% of Realtors prosper in this or any market!